Tuesday, March 13, 2012

the hunger games (poem)

this is the second night i've been up past 4 in the morning finishing a hunger games book. tonight it was the sequel, catching fire. i had bought mockinjay the day before, because i knew there was no way i was going to resist finishing the trilogy (not after my reactions to the first book)

they are simple books, easy reads-- but something about them. how Suzanne Collins (the author) uses a theme of children and war to expand her plot lines, its really something. not the most complex, again, but very engaging and intriguing. 

i tend to write poems about scenes in books (i do it all the time with the lord of the rings trilogy). so from the first chapter of mockingjay, here's what popped into my head:

Take me to the darkest place,
my fairest hour 
the world in waste.

Let me fall into ashen hands,
that hug the ground
in shattered lands.

I will see with eyes un-mine,
the place that I knew; 
but the wind wreaks unkind.

And when I fall into death's dust,
I'll find what to do.


For to be found in this scarred new world, I must. 

my version of fanfiction, i guess. eeh, its alright. it is 4:07, afterall... i'll give it some work. who's excited for the movie?!


: ) xx

2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about how great these books are. Even one of my professors for a very serious, hoity toity, course admitted that she's reading them. I'll have to give them a whirl. And thanks for your ukulele comment. Please let me know if you come across any great uke sites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You have such a gift with words miss Abi! Love seeing everyone in the spirit of The Games! haha

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    PS Sorry I have been such a bad blogger buddy! I will try to visit much more often! ::smooches::

    ReplyDelete