Friday, May 4, 2012

Change, Substance, Power, Freedom

greetings!

So Avatar: The Last Airbender, is one of my favorite shows/things/concepts of all times, and it always has me thinking about things after I watch it. this time, it was a silly quiz that got me thinking about the elements and what they mean. yes, quizzes on the internet are often reserved for wishful thinking (i.e What literary character are you meant to be with?!) but once in a while I like to take a gander ; )

ever wonder what type of bender you would be?! here's an actually decent quiz

at the end it presents you with four words: 
Change
Substance
Power
Freedom
and you're made to choose one. 

but they got me thinking. just like (geek rant) the Avatar couldn't be the avatar really without mastering all four elements (because they comprise of a whole), isn't this true of life? Don't these words balance each other/ have to exist for the others to?

 Can Change, real Change occur in just a realm of Freedom? Substance is normally resolute; but would a human's life be stable if Change did not flow into it?

Should a person change to find freedom, or resist?

As for Power, can it exist as a substance? Is it even real, or more like a pool where belief is collected (Game of Thrones reference... power resides where people think it resides). Power confuses me. Even the word, its hard for me to define.

anyways, just some concepts I began to think about. kind of a silly post, things sound better in my journal ; ). and on a different note, I'm almost done with my children's novel! very excited about that

if you take the quiz, tell me what you got!

xx Abi

1 comment:

  1. Very thoughtful post. I share your affinity for Avatar. Have you seen the new TV show?

    ReplyDelete