Friday, November 18, 2011

faery observation

I saw the fit of a common house fairy, today
she was burdened because she had read
some history of human cruelty.

I offered her some spoonful of honey,
but could not staunch her tears
which bespattered my desk with
a shiny silver trail.

She raised her green embers to my eyes
and then dove back into
the black leather grotto,
her home in the corner of my bookshelf.

I stood and pondered the books newly despised
and I could still hear her weeping, as the wind
creaked and crept through the twilit library,
I looked up at the shelves.

A Tale of Woe here,
and there a story of meaningless war
and invasions upon the minds and bodies,
boughs and trunks,
tusks and skin,
meat and bones,
of beings long forgotten.

A thought came;
I shuffled aside a crinkled page and
found her sitting in a corner, green skin pale.
And as I offered my hand and she took it,
I validated her surmise
and made my promise to arise.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and so perfect for this time of year.

    It makes me think of the end of August when I know autumn is on its way and I start anticipating magic and faeries. I love that feeling! xx

    ReplyDelete